Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One Year Ago...

One year ago we received the best news we have ever got. News that would forever change our lives. News that we have been waiting to hear for an entire year. I peed on a little stick that told me I was pregnant! I honestly checked, re-checked and then checked again to make sure I was reading it right. I called Dave right away because there was no way I could wait until he got home for work. He was just as excited as I was. I remember my stomach was in knots all day because I was so excited for what was to come. A lifetime of happiness! 
Dave and I started trying to have a little babe in January 2011 but it didn't happen for us until one year later. I took a test on Christmas Eve thinking how great of a present it would be to tell our families on Christmas that we had a little bun in the oven but it was negative. Two weeks later, I still hadn't started my period so I gave it another go and low and behold it was positive! 
I wanted to wait for our first ultrasound to tell our family but I'm terrible at keeping secrets so we waited a week and I went out and found onesies that said "Grandma loves me" to give them. The grandparents were shocked :) As soon as we got married, the grandparents were begging asking for a baby so we were SO excited to tell them this happy news! 
One year ago...
Today we have an almost 5 month old...


Photobucket

5 comments: